Individually-Locking Drawer Lateral
Known for the efficient way they use space from side to side, laterals are an essential tool in office organization. Many companies need ways to store physical files and track of paper records. This classical design can be applied low profile, to keep space visually open, or up to five high, to provide high density filing and used as space definition.
Choose from 72 standard colors, all at standard price and lead time.
- Non-UM series high security lock is double-bit and captures drawer fronts on both sides
- A security pan is included between each drawer
- The standard gang lock, which typically locks all drawers together, is not included
- The top opening of 5-high and 6-high Trace laterals features an over-the-top flipper door with 13-1/4″ inside clear height that will accommodate standard height binder storage
- Two file bars are included in each drawer, for side-to-side filing
- Contact Customer Service to discuss key series availability and lead time
- To change the keyed lock to an electronic lock, change the “RG” to an “RE” in the first part number and add $340 list per drawer. Electronic locks may only be specified with an “A: Full Pull” drawer front
- 5-high and 6-high laterals include a non-locking flipper door with fixed shelf in the top opening
Options and Accessories
- Laminate drawer fronts may be specified.
- Common laminate tops
- Polyethylene drawer front fillers increase sound absorption
- File conversion bars for front-to-back filing’
- Magnetic shelf dividers
- Magnetic label
- The lock strip on 4-high and 5-high laterals is located above the fourth drawer. In 6-high laterals, the lock strip is located above the fifth drawer
- Four leveling glides with 1-1/4″ adjustment ensure proper alignment and operation
Counterweights & Interlock
- The safety interlock mechanism is integrated into the drawer slides, allowing only one drawer to open at a time
- All lateral files with drawers and roll-out shelves used as freestanding cabinets must have counterweight if not ganged together or otherwise anchored
- Counterweights may be factory-installed or purchased separately to be installed in the field